Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Throwdown 3.0: Let's Do This!



Hello there, Cats and Kittens--it's that time of year again: Throwdown Time! Time to shake the dust off of my under-used blog and tell you all about this year's contest.

For the third year in a row, I have challenged the people of the small country town where I work to put together a team to try and outread me. This year we've had 44 people sign up, so we've divided the hopefuls into four teams:



Team Gummy Shark


Team Dusky Shark


Team Prickly Shark


Team Silky Shark

I am, as always, my own team, so you can call me Team Goblin Shark.



Our rules are simple:

You must have a library card, there must be no fines on your library card, all books must be checked out from our library (Inter-Library Loan books count), books must be turned in to count, all pages read will count towards your team totals. At the end of three weeks, the top team will win town bragging rights as well as some nifty team prizes. To encourage maximum effort, we are also offering individual prizes for the top three readers, including a 32-inch TV!

We're trying to encourage team spirit, so pick your favorite team and send them some love or simply encourage their efforts against the wicked Goblin Shark. You can send letters and postcards c/o Runge Public Library, PO Box 37, Runge, TX 78151, or you can email us at rungelibrary@yahoo.com or even post on our FaceBook page. It's always a great reminder that the community of readers extends far beyond our tiny town.

As always, I will post my reading list here and keep you informed about the teams and how they're doing. Feel free to read along with us and let us know how you're doing (same rules apply--substitute your local library). Let's do this!

No comments: