Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Throwdown 2.0: How Can I Help?

Throwdown 2.0 is officially ON!

I can't tell you how Team Everyone Else is doing yet, but I can tell you I'm very excited. We've already got almost as many people as last year and we've got a nice mix of kids and adults. As of now, this is still a two-team battle, but we just may reach the point of having to divide Team Everyone Else into two competing teams (I will still compete alone).

"That's great," you may be saying; "Yay reading! I want to play too, but I don't have a Runge Public Library card. How can I play along?" There's a couple of ways, actually. You can play along at your local library and send us your results via email, snail mail, or on our Facebook page. Follow along and see how your totals stack up.

Or, you can be a cheerleader. One of the most exciting aspects of last year's throwdown was the support we got from people like you who took a little time to send a word of encouragement to our participants. We got cards and photos and emails from all over the world, and it was an impressive sight (photos of the display and some of the notes can be found on the Runge Public Library Facebook page.)

I realize that it's early days yet, but I'm going to go ahead and ask again: please take a little time to jot down a few words of encouragement and send it along to Team Everyone Else; it really does make a difference. Cards and letters can be sent to Team Everyone Else c/o Runge Public Library, PO Box 37, Runge, TX 78151 and emails can be sent to rungelibrary@yahoo.com. Or you can "like" us on Facebook and leave your messages of support on our page.

Thank you in advance for your words of encouragement and for your support of reading and libraries.

No comments: