Friday, March 12, 2010

Can't Stop the Reading



My reviews of Blackout and The Magicians are both live now over on RevolutionSF.com.

I finished Mieville's The City & the City and loved it. It's not Bas Lag or New Crobuzon or even Un Lun Dun, but it was never intended to be. It's stripped down, like a good noir thriller should be, full of mood and atmosphere and mystery.

I also finished a kids book by Suzanne Collins called Gregor the Overlander, which I was unfamiliar with (it's book one in a series called The Underland Chroncicles). It was a fast-paced adventure, with some terrific characters. It's impossible not to fall in love with Boots, and I never would have believed that I would be touched by the humble selflessness of a four-foot roach.

I've started both Boneshaker and The Best American Fantasy 3, and I have Richard Kadrey's Sandman Slim waiting in the wings.

No comments: