Tuesday, March 2, 2010

All-Out-Worldwide-Zombie-Blog-Explosion 2010



Some months ago, I picked up a book called Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Honestly, I didn't expect much. I figured it was a one-joke project; a funny title and not much else.

I was wrong.

Using mostly Austen's original words, Steve Hockensmith grafted a zombie subplot onto a romantic classic, and amazingly, it worked. So when the folks at Quirk Classics asked if I wanted an early look at Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dawn of the Dreadfuls, I jumped at the chance.

You can read my review of Dawn of the Dreadfuls on RevolutionSF.com, but if you want to read the book for yourself, the good folks at Quirk are having a little giveaway, and all you have to do to enter is go here to QuirkClassics.com and mention this blog to be entered.

The 50 prize packs that they're giving away all include:

An advance copy of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dawn of the Dreadfuls

Audio books of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters

A password redeemable online for sample audio chapters of Dawn of the Dreadfuls

An awesome Dawn of the Dreadfuls poster

A Pride and Prejudice and Zombies journal

A box set of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies postcards

No comments: