Friday, November 2, 2007

New Moment, New Book


Some days, you just get lucky. In today's mail, I received this little gem, and I can't wait to give it a spin.

I am an absolute sucker for odd titles. A quick glance at my bookshelves reveals such enticing nuggets as Night of the Avenging Blowfish: A Novel of Covert Operations, Love, and Luncheon Meat, Bimbos of the Death Sun, and my all-time favorite (and possibly the greatest pulp title ever): Honey From A Dark Hive. While it may be true that you can't judge a book by its cover, a great title can make someone pick up an otherwise unappealing book, just to see what it could possibly be about.

This jewel of entertaining infomation would be perfect for the book-lover on your shopping list, especially if paired with the recently released Scouts in Bondage: And Other Literary Improprieties. I know I'd squeal with glee if I got a copy in my Christmas stocking.

No comments: